[Ambassadors] self-intoduction

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Sun Jun 1 21:11:40 UTC 2008

Hello everybody
I am a Chemical engineer, 56 years old. I am living in Northern Italy,
between Milan and lake of Como.
I was an expert of Computer assisted design in chemical engineering,
before the Personal Computer age, that started in my office with a
carton box from the Big Blue in 1983!!! I entered the Linux world at the
beginning of the 2000s only because in a computer magazine I found a CD
with RedHat 6.0 and as I am curious I installed an OS different from
Windows. Since then I never left Redhat and finally I switched to Fedora.
In 2002 I introduced Linux in my office, Redhat at first and Fedora then.
As I love the bleeding edge software, I am pleased to use Fedora, and I
like also Rawhide (writing from a F10 now)....
For your information, I learnt Linux the hard way, no help around, I
could only trust on the various mailing list: then some friend of mine
saw my machines working with Fedora and asked for help to install....now
we are a very small bunch of people working with Fedora here around.
As I got much from Fedora, I decided to join the Ambassador group to
give back some help to the Fedora help: of course, as I am not a big
expert of software I could only join a group where not many deep
technical skill were requested.
I am running a small local website related to linux and fedora only as a
meeting point for people interested in Linux/Fedora in the neighboroughs.

Please note that I joined the list as antoniomontag , can anybody
explain how to modify my account to AntonioMontagnani ???

--
Antonio M
Mob.+393386586046

Mail by Thunderbird 2.0 Websurfing by Firefox 3.0pre
Linux Fedora F10 (Rawhide) on Acer 5720
Linux user number 362582
www.linuxsaronno.net
www.campingmonterosa.com