[Ambassadors] Event Box Revisited

Robert M. Albrecht romal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 2 04:51:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

the KDE event box is regional only too.

It contains posters, ... and a display, keyboard, ... but not a PC.

I would advice against including hardware in the Fedora event box. HW adds
some heavy weight and everyone has a laptop or PC availiable, so I don´t
think shipping a PC aroun is very usefull.

After Cebit we shipped the KDE eventbox from Cebit (Hannover Germany) to
Bern (Switzerland) which costs 220 Euros.

Problem is, on the Hannover fair grounds, Fedex has an exclusive contract
as shipping partner. So we had no choice but to use the very expensive
Fedex service.

If we ship the box five times a year, we have about 1000 Euros. For that
amount of money we could simply equip all ambassadors with a collection of
posters, ... and create a very small and leightweight event box (perhaps
including an OLPC ...)

cu romal