[Ambassadors] Greetings to all Fedora

syamsul anuar wariola at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 2 15:31:59 UTC 2008

I'm Syamsul Anuar from Selangor, Malaysia. I holds a Bsc in International
Finance and now administrating a small IT Infrastructure for an oil and gas
company for a living.

Started to delve deeper into Linux when I start working as an IT
Administrator. As all proprietary solutions is too expensive to power our
network at that time, it was time to look for alternatives. It started after
I attended the CCNA course (yet to take the exam) and wanna start to play
around with enterprise network software. As Cisco gears was too expensive,
there's only one way to go. And after a simple introduction by a friend of
mine regarding Linux network stack, there's no way back. Squid, Dansguardian
and iptables really blows me away.

I was using "the lesser distro that is famous" until version 7.04 for my
desktop and starts to turn into Fedora after attending the RHCT course (also
yet to take exam). What attracts me to Fedora is the bleeding edge nature
and also a lot of enterprise toys bundled together. And I would like to
thanked MohdIzharFirdaus and ShahrimanShamsudin (the other Fedora Malaysia
ambassador) for helping a lot in my early incarnation of Fedora.

There's a lot of things to learn for now as I still consider myself a
beginner, but its been fun and joyride. I intend to contribute in the
marketing and PR way by building the bridge between "corporate world and
Fedora" and also "new and potential Linux user and Fedora". I already
establish connection with our Red Hat Malaysia guys regarding this matter
and my immediate task is to ensure fedora.my domain (owned by Red Hat) to be
pointed to Fedora Malaysia site (http://fedora.foss.org.my). For the second
one, I will be teaching the introduction of desktop Linux using either
Fedora or Centos in July for my old University.

I guess that should be all for now. You can browse my Fedora page at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/wariola and mail me at
wariola at fedoraproject.org.

--
"WARiola"
Use Mozilla Firefox for a better web browsing experience.