[Ambassadors] APAC ambassadors meeting. Do we really need them?

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:35:12 UTC 2008

Hi

>  Yesterday's meeting was attended by 5-6 people only, though it was
>  announced 3 weeks ago. No one even objected about the day and timing.
>
>  So it is very obvious that either they had more important task or they
>  don't feel the necessity to communicate.

Yeah i understand how it feels and its a mistake that people didnt
attend and i was also in that list. i was not able to attend due to
power cut problems in my area and though there could be reasons for
people, at the end of the day we didnt attend and its a mistake.

>  Sorry to say this, but we are making *absolutely* no progress. We have
>  no event, we can not fulfil free media requests, no new mirror, no new
>  agenda, neither do we care for communicating about ideas.

I had some ideas and i was talking to Siddharth yesterday coz i
recieved some media requests and sent them replies in that regard too.
On the same front i had some ideas which i wanted to share but
unfortunately couldnt.

>  Do you think a community or project can progress this way?

Yeah i feel this shouldnt continue and lets learn from this and start
attending the meetings from now on. Lets discuss on how to move
forward. I am sorry that i couldnt make it up yeterday.

Cheers,
Balaji