[Ambassadors] Re: Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:16:21 UTC 2008

Hi

> i think that is very valid and practical solution and a very obvious
> observation that most of choose to overlook, students here in india dont
> contribute because they know so little about linux, i am talking about the
> general mass, and they are sckeptical about it, first we need to increase
> the familiarty with the system only that will lead to an increase in
> contributions from the students, i can also approach my HoD with a request
> for Hands on sessions on development in linux and the ease of use of it,
> that will be a good place to start, coupled with the Mentoring program it
> may increase contributions to the community

Yes exactly thats the situation and conferences and workshops have to
be started as part of the mentor programme. Ambassadors play a very
vital role here. The familiarity would be increased only through
conferences and workshops and this awareness would be converted using
mentor programme when the student wants to get into the project.

Cheers,
Balaji