[Ambassadors] About registering domains

John Chendra jchendra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:27:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Teseu <teseu at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> If I understand correctly, the domain would be fedoraproject.org.id,
> right? I'm from Brazil, and here, to register a domain with .br locale
> weed needed a company (not anymore, they just changed this, any person
> can do it now). If this list is not the right place (I don't know,
> just like you), I think the mkt should be, but I believe almost
> everyone there receive your message as well.
>
> If you want to build a site to your people I recomend some kind of cms
> to do it very quickly and with some cool features. I can give some
> tips if you get the domain and some help. Here we have at least 3
> sites like the kind I think you want to make.
>
> Regards
>
> Teseu

Hi Teseu, thanks for the reply.
Yes, I'm registering fedoraproject.or.id (not org, .id only use 2 letters
for organization). The registration is already submitted but there's a
problem concerning the requirements to register the domain, that is beside a
copy of my ID-Card, they also need a "Mandate Letter" or something like
that. According to the officer that e-mailed me, a formal letter/e-mail
(with fedora logo in it) from the project leader or someone in charge will
do it. Before, registering .or.id only need a ID-Card copy of the admin, but
now they need some organization 'stamp' on it :)

For the cms, I'm considering drupal or joomla, but still open for more
alternatives. What's your site? and thank you for your tips and help offer.
Will contact you as soon as our site is on the go :)

regards,
John
--
http://john.chendra.net