[Ambassadors] Event Box Revisited

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Wed Jun 4 16:33:18 UTC 2008

2008/6/4 Jason Fenner <axelilly at gmail.com>:
> I think that it's a good idea.  However, it would be good to get some
> estimates on what the shipping costs would be.  Also, do you have any
> numbers that show how often more then one event happens simultaneously in a
> region?

I did guesstimate at shipping costs.  From a somewhat central location
shipping of an 85 pound box would cost between $63 and $90 for most
continental US locations - not including additional insurance.  This
also does not include any possible discounts that someone's employer
might let them piggyback on.

I did take a quick look at the North American Events list.  For the
most part it looks pretty doable scheduling wise.  There is one busy
stretch in July where it might not be possible to make the box
available for all events due to not being enough time between events.

There is another time in October where some events are close together,
but all in the Ohio, Pennsylvania, Toronto area that we could probably
pull it off since the distance between events isn't quite as large.

Thanks!
Jeffrey