[Ambassadors] Release Party Contest Winner

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 02:50:37 UTC 2008

Congratulations to Grady and our neighbors to the south in Southern California!

Bear in mind we in Central California will make sure you will not be
so lucky next time :-)

<gratiutous group plug> Had I known there was a competition, I would
have entered our event at Cabrillo College in Aptos, California (Santa
Cruz County) on May 25 -- a "Hats Off to Fedora 9" installfest, which
was part of the biweekly installfests that the Cabrillo College
GNU/Linux Users Group holds.

In short, Karsten Wade attended on behalf of Fedora (I was not yet an
ambassador) and we had about 15-20 people during the course of the
four hour installfest where we showed off  Fedora 9 on a variety of
machines. I don't know how many thumb drives went out (Karsten?), but
I  know of two machines which went home with Fedora 9 on them (and
then there was that experiment with the Asus EeePC and the thumb drive
. . .) </gratiutous group plug>

Larry Cafiero (Lcafiero)
Fedora ambassador
=and =
President, Cabrillo College GNU/Linux Users Group