[Ambassadors] Re: Student partnership program. Extending fedora mentor program to students.

Heherson Pagcaliwagan azneita at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 21 08:31:59 UTC 2008

According to this
article<http://carolinanewswire.com/news/News.cgi?database=01news.db&command=viewone&id=3813&op=t>,
Redhat (through Fedora Project) is already implementing such a program.
"...Seneca College will expand the use of open source software in its
curriculum through the Fedora Project, a Red Hat sponsored and
community-supported open source collaboration."

I'm sure everyone can read the whole thing but in terms of framework, this
is how they did it:

   - created a liaison position within the college (held by a Fedora
   contributor; funded by Redhat?)
   - Linux/Unix System Administration Program
   - integrated to academic coursework, major projects
   - funded by government funds

Maybe we can ask Chris Tyler more about the details?