[Ambassadors] Need help

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 22 11:22:37 UTC 2008

2008/6/22 Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to know how we can serve Education System of a county using our
> Fedora products.
> ex: Fedora Localized Spins,etc
>
> Welcome your ideas, stories and case studies.
>
> --
> Danishka Navin
> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com (use Sinhala Unicode fonts)

One example: http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/FC9-LTSP5_walk-through

This link is 10000 words worth.

There are a lot of key features, Localized Spins is one of those ones,
like LTSP, like the support of Sugar and the tonnes of Edutaiment (see
KDE packages) softwares and a complete office suite (OpenOffice,
Koffice, Abiword etc...) . You can provide a demo of all those
features and costs comparison with commercial solutions.

This is only a brainstorm, but i think those are some of the most
important feature for education (K12, Higher School).

For college, Fedora is the perfect distribution and its spins are
great (see Fedora Electronic Lab).

Tell me what you think about it.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini