[Ambassadors] Self introduction...

Anton Arapov aarapov at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 13:03:59 UTC 2008

Hi there!

   My name is Anton, and feel free to pronounce it however you feel, this kind
of international enough name - Anthony/Tony/Tonda/WhatNot ... :)
   Formerly I'm from Vladivostok/Russian Federation, but at this moment living
in Brno/Czech Republic while working at Red Hat.

   My first Linux was Caldera Linux, that was created by the former Caldera
Systems, *doh*, SCO Group now...
   So that I'm living with Linux from the end of 1995.

   I used Linux everywhere I can at my previous jobs, you can find on LinkedIn.
The most significant was the whole IT Infrastructure switch from M$ to Linux at
the one of the biggest Rail-Road Logistic company, which was planned and
implemented from the very beginning by me.
   At the moment I'm Kernel Team Lead in Brno, working at Red Hat, as a part of
non-Lead duties I'm eliminating bugs in Linux Kernel. Busy enough by daily
duties, but...
   I'm going to contribute into Fedoraproject my free/spare time. Will try to
share my expertise in Linux with everybody who will need it, just feel free to
ask me. And of course, I'm sharing all the statements of the Fedora Ambassadors! :)

   At least, I will be available at IRC: aarapov @ #fedora-kernel and #fedora-mktg.

See you soon...
-Anton