[Ambassadors] Greetings and Introduction

John McLean jesusfreak91 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 02:36:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

My name is John McLean, and this summer I'm interning at Red Hat as a fedora
intern.  This introduction is about two weeks late, because I've been moving
and only in the past few days have had ready access to a computer.  At any
rate, I'm a rising senior in high school at the NC School of Science and
Math in Durham, North Carolina, USA.  I've been using linux for the past 7
or so months, after a friend introduced me to it in the form of ubuntu.  I
used ubuntu for a while, and recently switched over to fedora, which is a
great system.  Over the summer I hope to join/create a linux user group in
my community to help promote open source.  Once school lets back in, I'll
create a linux user group at my school for people to get together to talk
and learn about linux/fedora and open source.  Hopefully, I'll be hosting a
fedora 10 install party as well, though most people at my school who use
linux are ubuntu fanatics, so hosting a fedora 10 install party may be more
of a challenge.  Anyway, thats what I'm hoping to start with in terms of
being a fedora ambassador to my community!

want to know anything else, just ask.  my irc nick is mcleanj, and I'm on
irc most of the day.

--John