[Ambassadors] Cebit Report 2008

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Wed Mar 12 08:06:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 21:38 +0100, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> The whole Redhat family is missing. Redhat was absent this year (god knows
> why).

Well he does of course. But one of the reasons certainly is that Red Hat
is a company who does a cost-benefit analysis for every marketing
effort. The CeBIT has changed over the last ten years. Marketing
strategies have changed, too.

And to add my personal experience to this thread: I was attending the
CeBIT for the last 12 years. Most times I was there for the whole week
or the eight days it once was. There are zillions of end users just
browsing over the fair area. They are of course especially attracted by
the areas in which they will find some free stuff to take with as well
as those areas in which the booth staff is used to talk to them and not
interested in classifying them as "non-business equals non-interesting".

Matthias
--
Matthias Kranz
http://mkr.oerks.de