[Ambassadors] RE: Ambassadors Meeting EMEA - IRC Log 2008-03-12

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 13 12:31:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 13:21 +0100, Krzysztof Hajdamowicz wrote:
> > 21:19 #fedora-meeting: < spevack> I think that we need to make media
> > somewhere in EMEA that can ship to other places in EMEA.  And we make
> > media in USA for places in USA.  But it is a waste of money to ship CDs
> > across the ocean, and pay for customs.
> > 21:20 #fedora-meeting: < spevack> Fedora can pay the bill, but I need
> > help from locals in Europe to find a good manufacturer and price.
>
> I can talk with TAKT CD/DVD manufacter. the WWW is
> http://www.takt.com.pl/index.html (english and dutch languages
> availble).
> Minimum quantity is 500DVDs, I think that it is not enough for Europe.
> I should know price within 2-3 days

IMO, we already have a solution for EMEA. At least we have produced
FC{5,6} and Fedora{7,8} here in Munich for a very low price. Quality was
pretty good. You can see them here:
https://www.redhat-coolstuff-store.com/index.php?o=4275

I will follow up with Max and the Fedora EMEA board regarding providing
a order+ship process for EMEA-based events.

Cheers,
Matthias
--
Matthias Kranz