[Ambassadors] Re: [Famsco-list] F9 Release Day - Fedora 9 Party

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:32:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 16:08 +0100, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> During the party you could set up some machines with F9 and invite who
> want F9 to take with him a USB Pen and copy the live image on it (see
> Live USB pen page for more informations), or, if you have a burning
> device, you could burn some Fedora 9's Live Cd's and DVDs (remember to
> make a copy of the source rpms, see GPL requirements).

Just to be crystal clear -- you only need to make a copy of the source
RPMs if someone asks for media right there.  Having a couple ready
doesn't hurt, but you don't have to make them for anyone who doesn't ask
for them.  You can still encourage people to download from
fedoraproject.org directly, but if they insist on having media, simply
provide it to them.

> If you have questions or if you need support don't esitate to ask
> here, FAmSCo or me (you know my email).
>
> The planned release date, according to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule , is April 29th.

And keep watching the announcement list(s) for any changes.  Our
talented contributors are trying like mad to avoid any slip in the final
release!