[Ambassadors] To the EMEA NPO Board about NPO Logo

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Mar 2 15:51:17 UTC 2008

JoergSimon wrote:
> I noticed a mail about a extra logo for the EMEA NPO - over the NPO
> Board-List - which is closed for normal members like me.
> That the list is closed - is absolut ok - if you discuss things like which
> bank account you will choose or when your next Boardmeeting will happen.
> But if you discuss things that affects the way how Fedora EMEA NPO presents
> the Fedora Project or the NPO itself like this Logo Proposal i insist that
> you do this in the open!

You're right, and we will.

Mind that you haven't read the follow-up on that list, and it says there
exactly what you've worded here. I sure hope that in the future, if you
hear about what is being discussed (or actually in this case; just being
submitted to) on our little private mailing list, you will appreciate
that it is:

1) being directed to this list instead, by the other board members, or
2) put on the agenda for a board meeting (mind the agenda is being sent
to this list as well)

Also note that e-mail coming from either *@fedoraproject.org or
*@redhat.com email addresses is directly accepted on the board's list[1]
so that in effect it is a very good feedback / contact address for all
of us, too.

So, what we're working at now is setting a date to register at the
German Authorities (it'll include some traveling for all of us), during
which we'll most probably have a short board meeting as well. The agenda
is being made up as we go and ideas firm up about what it is we can do
and how we can do such. This agenda will be sent around by the time the
date for registering and meeting is set, and will therefore have some
time to collect feedback on the items on the agenda from all of you.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip