[Ambassadors] Fedora Belgium

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sun Mar 2 18:20:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Thomas Canniot wrote:

> Local entities are good as they can do this face to face job with
> local members. That's what we do here, and I should not make a mistake
> saying that european people first feels being from their countries
> before feeling European. I consider myself as being more French than
> European, however, Europe IS bigger than France and gives many laws to
> us.

I am very interested in allowing local people to be empowered -- I am
glad that there is a French Fedora team that understands all the events
in France, and that can come back to someone like me or FAMSCo and ask
for resources.

I am glad that there is a LinuxTag and FOSDEM organizational team that
does similar things.

I want that to continue to grow, and I want people all over the world to
be able to get resources for local events and to promote Fedora locally:

This is one of the goals of the Red Hat Community Architecture team,
which I am a member of.

But all of that is very different than going through the process of
setting up a separate legal entity for each country, which I personally
don't think gives us much value.  But that is just my opinion.  ;)

--Max