[Ambassadors] fedora ambassador talk at liberaMENTE (Opera, italy,

Francesco Crippa fcrippa at byte-code.com
Thu Mar 27 14:38:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 12:54 +0100, Luca Foppiano wrote:
> [...]
> Me, Francesco Crippa and other LOLUG (http://www.lolug.net) decided to
> participate with few talks.

at your beck and call! :-)

> We will to focus one of this talks on fedora
> project introduction (Francesco Crippa will be the speaker ;-)), because
> fedora need more spread in italy and also because there will be a huge
> Ubuntu participation. :þ

yep, ubuntu expands rapidly in Italy... We've got to increase Fedora
visibility during linux events (this event is an example: we proposed a
talk and a presence about fedora some days ago, but ubuntu Italian
community was already contacted to be present with a talk, and fedora
will be present only hearing by chance... )

> Anyone is invited to come there and to give feedback :-)
> Our talk it will be 19 April about at 17:30 (GMT +1).

we'll report about "fedora vs. ubuntu" flame ;-)

I've got some ideas we're able to discuss during next ambassadors
meeting. For example I think we need a poster or a banner to paste on a
pc with graphics and messages like: "put your usb pen in this computer
and get your fedora live media" (Samuele, a friend of mine, is a real
skilled designer and he should prepare something by the end of next
week. Then we'll send a draft to artwork/ambassadors ml...)

Do you know if is it possible to have a OLPC (maybe through RedHat
Italy) for this event?

See you then
bye

francesco