[Ambassadors] Let me introduce myself

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 7 11:31:44 UTC 2008

"G" wrote:
> Hi
>
>>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring
>
> Thanks for the link . I ll read through it and take it forward.
>
>>  Agreed. Hand holding people through specific processes that match their
>> interests is still useful c.f. mentors.
>
> One of the Ambassadors Goal says that the Ambassador could recruit
> people for contributing to the proiect . As an ambassador am i allowed
> to do it ?

Of course.

  If yes how do i proceed in that front too ?

One of the best ways to be a ambassador for a project is to have a high
level overview of the history (important milestones atleast) and changes
happening within the project. This includes new features in upcoming
releases, governance, issues the community is facing, plans to address
those issues etc. Read the relevant lists or atleast the announcements
lists and the weekly news reports.

While you don't necessarily need to have a keen understanding of every
single aspect of the community, having a general idea is important.
Being aware of the general steps involved in joining a sub project or at
least being aware of the sub project leaders can be quite useful.  It is
easier to mentor someone else if you are actively doing it yourself.

Most importantly, ask questions. If you are comfortable asking it here,
that would be just fine. We usually have folks hanging around in
#fedora-mktg and  #fedora-india IRC channels in freenode for casual
conversations too.

Rahul