[Ambassadors] Let me introduce myself

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:12:09 UTC 2008

Hi

>  Of course.

Thanks

>  One of the best ways to be a ambassador for a project is to have a high
> level overview of the history (important milestones atleast) and changes
> happening within the project. This includes new features in upcoming
> releases, governance, issues the community is facing, plans to address those
> issues etc. Read the relevant lists or atleast the announcements lists and
> the weekly news reports.
>
>  While you don't necessarily need to have a keen understanding of every
> single aspect of the community, having a general idea is important. Being
> aware of the general steps involved in joining a sub project or at least
> being aware of the sub project leaders can be quite useful.  It is easier to
> mentor someone else if you are actively doing it yourself.
>
>  Most importantly, ask questions. If you are comfortable asking it here,
> that would be just fine. We usually have folks hanging around in
> #fedora-mktg and  #fedora-india IRC channels in freenode for casual
> conversations too.

Thanks a lot for the information and i have started talking to the
company regarding the mirror setup. They were quite curious to know
the benefits they would get in setting up a mirror (public/private) .
Some sort of advertisements for the company somewhere in the website
and a name mention in the web site ?

I would keep you posted on this front .

Cheers,
Balaji