[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questione (was: Einladung / Invitation)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed May 7 23:55:23 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2008, 22:56 +0200 schrieb Gerold Kassube:
> Hi all together for the second,
>
> because I forgot and some are asking for; there is only a german bank
> account possible (if we have elected a new Treasurer) and the
> membership fee is EUR 128,-/year for Full membership. This amount can
> be payed at Linuxtag in person (because of high transfer costs from
> foreign countrys) ...

AFAIR the Fedora EMEA NPO was founded to make it easier for us TO RAISE
money for Fedora and not TO SPEND it. Or did I get something
completely wrong here?

IMHO 128 € is way to much especially for those of us who are not from
the wealthy countries of Europe. I think once again the European
Ambassadors/Founding members of EMEA did not take the situation of all
ambassadors into account. Remember, the letters "ME" in EMEA mean
"Middle East" and "A" is for Africa. Has anybody really thought about
the people there?

Could someone also please point out what the difference between the
different membership grades is (full membership, family membership and
so on)? According to the declaration of accession to Fedora EMEA the
cost-reduced membership requires "a confirmation accepted in the Federal
Republic of Germany." What does that mean?

Next question: What do I get for my membership? If I read Jörg Simons
mail of March 24th 2008 correctly, members are getting a "one-off and
exclusive" welcome present, whatever this means. Must be a hell of a
present though... ;)

Also EMEA members are allowed to vote what to do the raised money. Of
course
understand this but I'm afraid we are going to divide the ambassadors
program into first and second class ambassadors: Those who (can afford
to) pay and therefore have more rights and those who don't.

Sorry, but this scares me off
Christoph