[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questions

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 15 21:15:28 UTC 2008

Hi Christoph,

You do not need answer this. I think most people are sick of our ping pong
game :P

Am Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2008 15:08:03 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> I agree the fee is a statement, but do you think that on the other hand
> not being able to pay the fee also is one? People who are not willing or
> able to pay the membership may still valuable and hard working
> contributors.

You read my comment about help/sponsoring this people?

> Sorry for asking again, but my question still isn't answered: Is Fedora
> EMEA really bound to FESCO or FAMSCO from a judical point of view? Can
> someone please show me the corresponding words in the EMEA statutes?
> TIA.

The Fedora Board has given Fedora EMEA e.V. the right to use the
Brand "Fedora" (Name, Artwork, Logo ...) and requested quarterly Report to
have the overview that we act in there terms. If we will not do our Job, they
can take us this right - without this Fedora EMEA e.V. is nothing.

> It's a fact that we already have this situation. Think of Kushal for
> example: No doubt that he is a valuable contributor and if I did not
> offer him a free place to sleep he would not have been able to come to
> Berlin at all. Two days ago he told me that he wont be able to come
> anyway because he did not find a sponsor.

I think is good to have Friends from all over the world in Berlin. Last Year
we had Kushal in Berlin and i am sure it is not the last time we had fun
together. I am also sure most of us in Germany would take the chance to get a
sponsored flight to india or US to speak about our work in europe. This Year
Contributors like Yakoov from US will join us - next year another one - for
me this is a good choice.

> Please tell me, did you know what I just wrote about Kushal?

Yes! And be sure many more about him - i can call him a good fellow!

> If the
> answer is "yes", then your "we will find a solution" is wrong.

To sponsor flights for Speakers in the end is a decission who is taken by
FedoraCommunity Leader EMEA MaxSpevack. How we handle the Member Fee not.
Only a Example - solution for membership could also be, that the NPO Members
decide to create a Activity-CreditSystem - less MemberFee for doing something
like talks, events ...

> And if
> the answer is "no", you are not in the position to tell me that

The answer is yes - so i am now?

> I don't
> know what's happening in the Ambassador's community.

like your kind question in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2007-December/msg00019.html
You must like our Events a lot!

> You just said that I never really worked with the Ambassadors Community.
> Thanks a lot! Maybe I'm not the loudest person who always shouts out "Me
> first", but I'm doing a lot of work for the project that you won't see
> on this mailing list.

Sorry to say, you never showed an interest in the preparation for the NPO in
Front of Fosdem or other events, or interest to work in a team with the
majority of European Ambassadors.

I believe you, when you say - you do a lot for the Fedora Project as a
Maintainer or so ...!
To work as a Ambassador is to communicate and encourage. Tue Gutes und rede
darueber ;-)  Back to work now!

Gruss Joerg

--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688