[Ambassadors] Let me introduce myself

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:02:55 UTC 2008

Hi

>  Good to have you here. Welcome to Fedora Project.

Thank you so much and i am happy and excited to be part of this project.

>  Willing to let us know how many systems/users roughly? Note that we are
> also desperately looking for more Indian mirrors and if you/your
> organization is interesting in helping out, let me know.

In my project which is a 10 member team we have some 6-7 boxes running
fedora and this is just in one project so there are many projects
where fedora is installed as THE linux Distribution.Regarding setting
up the mirrors, i shall take this up with the company and will let you
know whats happening on this front. I would like to know some details
on this. What would be the bandwidth required to set this up and what
kind of systems you feel would be good enough to handle the load.and
any other details that would help me in taking this forward too

>There seems to be a few ambassadors in Chennai now. Maybe you all can
> together and hold a release party following the Fedora 9 release. If you
> coordinate with the local LUG, it would be a great opportunity to reach more
> users.

True !!! If i am in chennai during/immediately after the release we
ambassadors (from chennai) will collaborate and hold a release part
for sure . It would be really enjoyable. i might be out of station for
a week though i would be able to check mails and participate virtually
and share the joy after the release :)

>  We have opportunities all over the place to do exactly that.

Yeah exactly there is lot of info but lot of my friends ask me on how
to contribute and stuff like that though i used to point them to the
same link i felt that a little bit of intro on what happens in Fedora
( a small introduction on whats happening) should be really useful i
feel :)

>  Wishlist sort of approach doesn't tend to go very well with community
> projects but collaboration certainly will.

Yeah wishlist does not work as every wish could not be satisfied and
morever certain things would not just work out but what i meant here
was not exactly wish list which would be like it would be good if
Fedora 10 has got mp3 support by default so that i could play mp3s but
places where fedora could improve upon not from the micro level on a
feature by feature basis but something on on a macro level. Ubuntu has
something called as an ideastorm/brainstorm but their they discuss
specific features where votes are given for each feature but here i
thought some feedback and suggestions from people if they have any i
feel should reach the fedora project in time .

Please let me know if you have any suggestions too

Thanks,

Cheers,
Balaji