[Ambassadors] EMEA Membership Questions

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri May 16 02:44:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008, JoergSimon wrote:

> I think is good to have Friends from all over the world in Berlin.
> Last Year we had Kushal in Berlin and i am sure it is not the last
> time we had fun together. I am also sure most of us in Germany would
> take the chance to get a sponsored flight to india or US to speak
> about our work in europe. This Year Contributors like Yakoov from US
> will join us - next year another one - for me this is a good choice.

Just to clarify:

Yaakov will be in Europe *anyway* during the months of May, June, and
July.  So having him at LinuxTag is a very small additional cost to our
budget.

I try to spread our sponsorship money around to a variety of people, and
not simply sponsor the same people over and over again.

In North America, there are a number of people who have received
sponsorship to attend FUDCons in the past who will not receive
sponsorship for FUDCon Boston.  Does this mean that they are not
valuable members of our community?  Of course not -- they are very
valuable.  But there are other valuable members of our community who
have never been to an event like FUDCon, and we want them to be able to
attend also.

--Max