[Ambassadors] Express Fedora installation

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue May 20 12:16:08 UTC 2008

Danishka Navin wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> As we all know now we have set of customized Fedora spins.
> I want to convert my F9-si-iso image as a Silent/ Express Fedora
> installation media.
> What we can find in the RHEL exams, the CD start installing the stuff it
> includes without asking any information.
> We don't want to teach much to technical buddies @ computer shops, they
> can just use the CD/DVD.
> Do we have any existing scripts for this work?

Take a look at Revisor.

Create a kickstart file (with system-config-kickstart) which you think
has the best settings and packages, then (on the command-line) specify
"--kickstart-include" and "--kickstart-default", or check the
appropriate boxes in the GUI.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me off-list.

> Hope you people will help me. :)
>
> I'm planning to create a Express Fedora 9 installation CD/DVD and giving
> to few vendors,
> as the Sri Lankan LAW is working against the pirated SW.

We have a proposed feature for Fedora 10 which needs feedback on what
exactly a OEM install for Fedora should look like (someone was supposed
to send me a little something but I haven't received anything yet):

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OEMInstall

This would also be included in the Kickstart Pool at
http://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip