[Ambassadors] Re: Free Media Distribution - India

Siddharth Upmanyu siddharth at techbugs.org
Fri May 23 15:58:08 UTC 2008

2008/5/23 Santosh Kumar <cskjain at gmail.com>:
> If accepting money is easier than accepting materials... i would prefer
> doing that.... what do you guys think??? If this is fine, please let me know
> how and to whom should i send it...
>
> --
> Santosh
>
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:45 PM, susmit shannigrahi
> <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Santosh this is really nice on your part. Thank you.
>>
>> Santosh, many thanks for your offer first...
>>

>> > I am not too sure if there is a process by which The Fedora Project (in
>> > India) can accept this offer :)
>>
>> Hmm...well, not actually, but this may help.[1]
>> But only if you are ready to donate the amount.
>>

>> > however, individual Ambassadors/ Points of
>> > Contact for the Media Program can perhaps work out a solution.
>>
>> Well, I was thinking..if Fedora Project can accept money, why cannot
>> it accept materials?
>> Sankarshan da, can you ping any FAmSCo member about this?
>>

>> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/Donation
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Susmit.

>> ssh
>> 0x86DD170A
>> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SusmitShannigrahi

Hi Friends,

was reading through the discussion but replying a little late as
office network is very restrictive... :-)

looking at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/India/LocalContacts
i think we are going good... as we get more local contacts it gets a
lot more easier to distribute the load..

then the contribution management and a point where we can accept media
and possibly money for FreeMedia requirements... if we can discuss
this in a meeting that can be better i think.. Sushmit can u plan and
organise another meeting in coming days? until then we can filter out
our options and prepare a draft.

Regards
Siddharth