Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora Project Brazil release the second of it’s Online Magazine

Rodrigo Menezes rodrigomenezes12 at yahoo.com.br
Tue May 27 03:48:36 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram escreveu:
> Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
>> We are proud to announce the second release of Revista Fedora Brasil
>> (Fedora Brazil Magazine), an online magazine about Fedora made by
>> Brazilian Ambassadors and Linux community members for those who speak
>> Portuguese.
>>
>> In this issue, we present the new Fedora 9 release and some articles
>> about system-config tools, KDE4, Anaconda and more. To rock our
>> world, a article about Frets on Fire, a really cool game to learn how
>> to play a guitar. We have also included an interview with Eric
>> Sandeen, ext4 developer from Red Hat and some Fedora news selected by
>> Rodrigo Menezes and his team.
>>
>> Our teams are growing and we hope more users come to join the team.
>> At the same time, sugestions and comments are welcome.
>>
>> Link (in pt_BR): http://projetofedora.org/Revista
>
> There are a few things I suggested I would add again
>
> * Drop the non-commercial use restriction. It is really incompatible
> with the ideas of Free software and you can read further at
> http://freedomdefined.org/Licenses/NC
We'll discuss about this issue.

> * Publish the "source" material for this content. For example the
> original content in scribus format or whatever publishing method you
> are using.
I don't got a reason for this on. We used scribus in all releases, in
the first one we published the original content in the and nobody asked
for it, so I don't think that it's necessary.

> * Consider doing a English translation.

This is a tough decision. We planned this magazine to be released every
two months, even with a great team, we used all the time to produce this
release. Maybe a english version could made the magazine to be released
every 3 months, too much time. In the future, as our team grows, we can
consider you idea. Thanks!!!

> Rahul

Rodrigo