[Ambassadors] thinking about 2009

Amit Caleechurn acaleechurn at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 10 17:04:38 UTC 2008

Hi David,
               I don't think that FAmSCo dicates the conduct of ambassadors,
they speak from experience laying a base for others to follow. Just like
what we are into: OpenSource, it up to us to build upon these guidelines or
bend the rules :-) Personally I think people judge us, the project from the
image we project of ourselves and that is why they insist upon a dressing
code and conduct. I saw an earlier post about ambassadors who don't
understand or support Fedora's basic principles out of ignorance. I presume
much emphasis is not being laid on this matter, people join fedora because
they love the project, it has been of use to them and they wish to make a
significant contribution, hence FAmSco need to play an important role on
educating and supporting the embassadors first.

Amit