[Ambassadors] FAMNA Meetings - Follow Guidelines

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:36:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After you pointed this out, I had to go back and re-read the
> guidelines.  It's true that our meetings are informal, but I'd like to
> follow these rules to help us be more efficient as we tend to get off
> track easily and it takes much more time to get through a meeting than
> necessary than in my opinion.  I'd like meetings to be closer to an
> hour than 1.5 hours.
>
> Am I wrong here?  Thoughts?

No, I completely agree with you about that and admit the last meeting
I did I tried to push things along aggressively and it still ran 75
minutes. But I did not feel like we wasted much time really. I don't
mind trying it but I think having the leader of the meeting prepare a
good plan and stick to it would help too. On the other hand,
interesting stuff comes up out of the blue and I like discussing new
spontaneous ideas as well.

Preventing or limiting interruptions is good when someone is reporting
about something, I find having to raise my hand in the middle of a
discussion to hinder the discussion though. So I do see value in some
circumstances and harm in others I guess.

John