[Ambassadors] Problem with Yum

Keiran Smith affix at FedoraProject.org
Wed Oct 8 18:36:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> Rishikesh Sharma wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am not sure whether this is the right place to inform this yum problem.
>> But I want to highlight the issue regarding Fedora yum. Everything was
>> working fine before i update my system. After updating my system just 10
>> minutes (Oct 8, 4:14 IST) ago, i am not able to install xmms-mp3 for
>> Fedora.
>> I have attached a screenshot for the problem. Please rectify this on
>> priority.
>>

> Hi,
>
> This list is definitely not the right place for this kind of question: see
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list for that or
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com ;).
>
> Regarding your problem, it has nothing to do with yum:
> xmms-mp3 is from Livna
> it requires xmms-lib of version 1.2.10
> You have installed xmms-lib from the official fedora repositories and thus
> you have the version 1.2.11
>
> The problem comes from Livna, not Yum neither Fedora.
>
> Finally, your printscreen did not need to be so big, the combination of
> alt+print screen would have taken only the terminal which was more than
> enough... You could also have just past the code into a text file...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre

Might not be the place but that says XMMS is already installe try

yum uninstall xmms-mp3 -y

Then Reinstall.

If you want MP3 try rythmbox and do the following

yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly -y

Will install all the PLugins for restricted Media

--
- Fedora Ambasador - <affix at fedoraproject.org>
- Free Software Foundation Associate - <keiran.smith at member.fsf.org>

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: