[Ambassadors] FAmSCo Meeting - IRC Log 2008-10-08

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 8 20:47:50 UTC 2008

HTML version of the log is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-10-08

Raw log is here:

<fugolini> So, roll call:
<fugolini> fabian_a: thank you
<AndreasR> AndreasRau
<fugolini> FrancescoUgolini
<iWolf> JeffreyTadlock
<fabian_a> FabianAffolter
<fugolini> Great, first of all I want to thank all of you for your attention
<fugolini> I've to be sincere when I say that I had no time to write the
Weekly report
<fugolini> but sincerely this week there weren't so bidg discussions or
topic discussed
<fugolini> ok, that's the meeting's agenda:
<fugolini> 1. Budget
<fugolini> 2. FAmSCo Election
<fugolini> 2. Release Parties updates
<fugolini> For the budget side there isn't anything special
<jmbuser> JohnBabich - better late than never
<fugolini> jmbuser: no problem, you are in time
<fugolini> Currently the reimbursmets are going well enough
<fugolini> and we are received good reports by events owner
<fugolini> Unfortunately Max is currently holding a meeting and he isn't
able to attend this meeting.
<fugolini> But I'm sure that the complete situation
<fugolini> Any question from the budget side?
<fugolini> I have to add only a small thing: actually many people who
want to hold an event in Q3
<fugolini> but they post their request in the previous week
<fugolini> couldn't be able to get resources from FAmSCo
<fugolini> I'm sorry with that, just because our goal is to satisfy the
Ambassadors interest, but we have to guarantee continuity
<fugolini> and we have to respect the Budget and FY schedules
<fugolini> I'm sorry with all the people, but I hope everyone will
understand.
<fugolini> It seems burocracy but it's the only way to get resources
<fugolini> eof
<fugolini> Anything to say?
<fugolini> 3
<fugolini> 2
<fugolini> 1
<fugolini> MrTom: have you something to say about budget?
<fugolini> or can we talk about the next topic?
<MrTom> no i did not have time to look at it by the way
<MrTom> move on
<fugolini> MrTom: no problem
<fugolini> thanks
<fugolini> 2. FAmSCo Election
<fugolini> I'm sure it's the best time to discuss about this topic
<fugolini> You probably noticed this one in Fedora Advisory List and
Marketing List too
<fugolini> and I'm sure it's one of the most crucial community activity
each year
<fugolini> I want, with your support, to define something e.g. helping
figure out a schedule proposal to send to Fedora Board
<AndreasR> ?
<fugolini> and just try to organize something to help Ambassadors
understanding the importance of the election
<fugolini> AndreasR:
<AndreasR> we were voted by the board.. how could we help.. that's an
boardissue in my eyes.. or do I understand something wrong
<AndreasR> eof
<fugolini> AndreasR: I think as part of Fedora we need to help the Board
taking this decision
<fugolini> just because it's a FAmSCo chair duty to call for election
<AndreasR> !
<fugolini> after have discussed with all the others FAmSCo members
<fugolini> AndreasR:
<AndreasR> ahhh okay.. eof :)
<fugolini> I think board have to steer this process because it's the
first time we have a more than one project elections
<fugolini> I see there are several *SCo and part of the board
<fugolini> and I'm sure it could help keeping people interested by elections
<fugolini> stickster: anything yet decided for elections?
<fugolini> stickster: sorry if I'm disturbing you, just to have some
waypoints to follow
<fugolini> Ok, just move one
<fugolini> Anything to say from that perspective?
<fugolini> Personally I replied to FAdvisory List giving my personal opinion
<Southern_Gentlem> fugolini,  yes i hope they are not till january
because here in the USA we are up to our noses in elections
<fugolini> a perfect election have to be hold in the late november,
first weeks of december (just before cristhmas)
<fugolini> Southern_Gentlem: ah ok
<fugolini> just perfect
<Southern_Gentlem> totally disagree
<fugolini> why?
<Southern_Gentlem> same reason listed above
<jmbuser> !
<Southern_Gentlem> yes i know the fedora elections are small to national
elections but i am already have election burnout
<fugolini> Southern_Gentlem: I didn't notice the US elections
<fugolini> so, you are right
<fugolini> jmbuser:
* fugolini know there will be US elections, just didn't think about it
for *SCos elections
<jmbuser> Likewise, I'm trying how to vote absentee ballot - big
distraction, but a good one
<jmbuser> to figure out how, that is
<jmbuser> EOF
<Southern_Gentlem> jmbuser, i thought that had to be in on last monday
<jmbuser> Depends on the home state
<fugolini> ah ok
<fugolini> so, do you agree with me let Board schedule everything, maybe
we could just give our opinion
<fugolini> in Advisory list if needed
<fugolini> ok?
<jmbuser> +1
<fabian_a> +1
<AndreasR> +1
<fugolini> Ok, so this will be our move
<fugolini> towards the Fedora elections
<fugolini> Last, known, topic:
<fugolini> 2. Release Parties updates
<fugolini> There aren't big updates since the last week
<fugolini> I think it would be better to add this topic to FWN and maybe
asking to add this activity in the Press Release
<fugolini> Maybe in the release week
<fugolini> Is there (#fedora-meeting) someone who is working on Press
Release?
<fugolini> ping quaid
<quaid> fugolini: pong
<fugolini> quaid: are you the person in charge of Press Release?
<quaid> shared with Paul, etc., yes
<fugolini> quaid: first of all thank you and sorry for the ping
<quaid> np
<fugolini> quaid: Could be possible to say something about release events?
<quaid> stickster is working on the formal, from Red Hat press release
<fugolini> I know a press release must be brief and effective
<fugolini> ah ok
<quaid> I'm working on the talking points for the informal release
announcements
<quaid> so, definitely a good one to add to the release announcement
talking points
<quaid> I'm unsure about the formal press release, but +1 from me to the
idea
<fugolini> quaid: thank you, a talking point could be great too
<fugolini> quaid: thank you for the time and for the answer
<fugolini> So, anything to say about this topic?
<fugolini> 3
<fugolini> 2
<fugolini> 1
<fugolini> 0
<fugolini> Ok, anything to add for this meeting?
<fugolini> I just finished all the official discussion topics
<fugolini> Any important communication from APAC, LATAM, NA, EMEA
<fugolini> ?
<fugolini> 3
<jmbuser> !
<fugolini> jm
<fugolini> jmbuser:
<jmbuser> I'm sorry to say that I can't make GITEX 2008 in Dubai this
month - too much $DAYJOB activity
<jmbuser> EOF
<fugolini> jmbuser: absolutely no problem.
<fugolini> Everyone here have to do what he/she can do
<fugolini> I hope next year you'll be able to be there
<fugolini> eof
<fugolini> Anything else?
<fugolini> 2
<fugolini> 1
<fugolini> 0
<fugolini> == Meeting Adjourned ==

--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.