[Ambassadors] About Fedora Forum

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 20:10:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 19:12 +0100, Max Spevack wrote:

+1 to all the good stuff I snipped. :)

> Far better for the Fedora Project to continue to give fedoraforum our
> blessing, and our offers for support and help if they need it.

This in fact is something good to discuss here.

We've talked about asking Ambassadors (as a "should do" item) to hang
out and help on fedoraforum.org, representing the Fedora Project more
formally.

From what I've read, the fedoraforum.org moderators are good at what
they do.  They are also doing a job that we cannot do from within the
formal project.  We want to do anything reasonable to endorse them while
using simple social skills to keep the discourse civil, accurate, and
useful in both directions.

One other item, I'd like to find a way to distill some of the common
complaints from fforum.org that don't make it to bug reports, etc.  For
example, in the last release, I read several times on fforum.org that
people felt the marketing materials were too positive without discussing
the potential problems in using Fedora.  In other words, we brought in a
bunch of new people on promises without telling them of the bad parts,
and many of those people ended up on fforum.org.

What I hope for is, at least, fforum.org moderators join
fedora-advisory-board.  It is also very helpful for our own Ambassadors
to spend time in that forum and report findings back here.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org