[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 10 hackfest in Greece

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Oct 13 19:35:20 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>:
> On the weekend of 11 and 12 of October, the Greek Fedora team will be
> having a workshop in Patras, Greece, for the upcoming release of
> Fedora 10. The weekend will be devoted to coding, testing,
> documenting, translating, marketing etc for the November release. The
> goal of the event is: "Get stuff done".
>
> Depending on the people attending, the goals will be decided on the
> spot, however, it's pretty certain we'll work on testing Fedora 10 on
> OLPC, Greek and Brazilian Portuguese translations for Fedora 10, and
> organization of Fedora's presence at Athens Digital Week.
>
> The hackfest will begin on Saturday, 9am and end on Sunday 7pm. Pizzas
> and drinks will be generally available. Anyone who'd like to
> participate online will find us on #fedora-el on Freenode. Saturday
> evening we'll go to a remote village to eat fresh steaks.
> Accommodation for Saturday night is available to anyone who might need
> it.

Here's a machine-translation of my blog post about the whole event:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fdimitris.glezos.com%2Fweblog%2F2008%2F10%2F13%2Ff10-el-hackfest-recap%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=el&tl=en

Had some good hacking, lots of Fedora-related discussions, new
contributors, and some Fedora-buzz in the Greek hacker community.

Overall a success, from what I feel and hear. Good vibes, lots of fun.

-δ

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/