[Ambassadors] Fwd: Fedora repository at VNIT..

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 21:13:52 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for informing. I have already joined the group. I am starting the
>> work on Fedora repository at our college. Wanted your help in that. Can
>> you summarize how to go about it. We want it to be intracollege repository
>> since keeping it open will increase the burden on servers here. So it
>> would be great help if can provide help in it.
>>
>> thanks and regards,
>> Anand.
>
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring for details
> on how to set up a private mirror, register it in MirrorManager, and
> thus serve your college.

The information on the link above is very useful for the general work
of the mirror, but for the fine details of creating a local mirror and
updating the files contained on the mirror I will suggest that you
also look at this link:

http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-local-yum-repository-fedora8

Good luck

--