[Ambassadors] Fedora Discs

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 04:38:43 UTC 2008

OK I should have read your whole post before replying-
but at any rate your best options are either have them download the outdated
official ISO of the current release (F9),
have them download a respin that won't need to be updated, or download an
official Beta ISO of the upcoming release (F10).

There is no real reason to update the official images on the main site, they
are going to be obsolete in 6 months.
This is why the Unity project exists, to provide more updated ISO images,
while not tying up the main release engineers' time making new ISOs all the
time.
Their time is better spent working on the next release.

This is how it is in the free software / open source world, it is a
constantly moving target.  Pick the latest one and go for it.
What is so ridiculous having a new user download a respin instead of
official image, if a new release is less than a month away (for example)?
Or, why not burn it for them?

IMHO.