[Ambassadors] event kit update

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:53:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 4:24 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hy,
>
> sounds good. But is it possible to get some pics of that particular box
> in the wiki at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
> because there is mentioned a "event box" and a "personal box" and now it
> sounds like a "official fedora event box" ... a little bit confusing
> over the time ;-)

Yep, I can put them up.  I already have some on flickr -
http://flickr.com/photos/herlo0/2866570109/

Also, I'll revamp the page so it actually looks like it's something we
have rather than something we're planning.

> Also maybe we can get a short Inventory overview.

The inventory overview you see there should be fairly accurate.  We
have yet to include the XOs as they are pretty new.

> Maybe for later it will be possible to get an online calendar or
> something like that where someone can book the box for a timeperiod
> (maybe implementable over the FAS, like google calendar or something
> like that). So everyone has an overview where the box stays and if one
> (or more) boxes are available.

For right now, the EventBox is requested on a quarterly basis from the
FedoraEvents[1] page.  There's also an explanation as to how to get an
EventBox for any particular event along with what's required[2].  I
think in the future, once the quarterly events are planned and the
EventBox has it's route, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a calendar
that shares this info.  In fact, I think it would be rad to have a
Fedora calendar overall.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents