[Ambassadors] Re: F10 Release Parties - 2nd part

mak mahayalamkhan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 21:37:30 UTC 2008

2008/10/30 Francesco Ugolini <fugolini at fedoraproject.org>

> 2008/10/23 Francesco Ugolini <fugolini at fedoraproject.org>:
> > Current situation:
> >
> > - Actually we have 18 release events listed in
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F10 (if you
> > have put your event only in FedoraEvents page, please list in F10
> > Release Parties page too).
> >
> > - We have assigned the required budget for Q3 Release Events (for Q4
> > assignment wait until December).
> >
> > - We received logo usage permission for the Release Map (see
> >
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-October/msg00165.html
> )
> >
> > - According to
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-art-tasks.html
> > F10 Release Parties posters work is set from Tue 2008-11-18  to Tue
> > 2008-11-25. Just my Big thanks with the whole Art Team!
> >
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > To-do:
> >
> > - confirm events schedule
> >
> > - Ask owners/attendees/community is everything is ok (if no, try to help
> them)
> >
> > - Search for writers that want to try to promote F10 Release Events
> > through the FWN, Fedora Announce
> >
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > Just my last thought.
> >
> > Remember, the first thing you have to keep in mind is: Enjoy, Enjoy,
> > Enjoy. That's the most important, if not necessary, priority task you
> > have to keep in mind.
> >
> > If you think there is something that it isn't working, please let us
> > know and, stay sure, we will help you.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Francesco Ugolini
> >

> So, no reply for now. Is all ok?
>
> Let me know, just to adress better tomorrow FAmSCo meeting.

I'm the Event owner in Bangladesh. We don't have any problem (Harish Pillay
also disbursed the amount) except the confusion amongst local Fedora
enthusiast going on about the release date (25th Nov) and our release party
date(31st Oct). So, we (3 Ambassadors) are thinking to postpone until the final
release <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Schedule>.

--
Regards

Mahay Alam Khan