[Ambassadors] Fedoraforum.........

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Thu Oct 30 15:07:39 UTC 2008

Doug Berry schrieb:
> But Randika raised a very valid point about Fedoraforum.org,
> that being that in searching it, you often get outdated
> and obsolete information. There is nothing worse then
> having an inexperienced user trying to do something
> that no longer works, because he found it on the Forum.

I believe that a Wiki could serve a better purpose for newbies. The
German Fedora community has a wiki that mostly contains HOWTOs and
Tricks of topics that arose in the German Fedora forum. It's much easier
to maintain such information in a wiki and keeping it up to date. Also
newbies have useful information at a glance.
Maybe it's just that (or FedoraSolved) that need more love. And of
course a clearly visible link from the Forums telling newbies to consult
the Wiki for basic questions first.

Felix