[Famsco-list] Re: [Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 22:43:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 17:07 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Filtering on a header, at worst the To: line, is a much better idea.
> The List-Id: or X-BeenThere: headers work well for me.

X headers, something I never really trusted too easily faked.

> For most people though, putting '[Ambassadors]' in their email client
> window means after a reply or two you can't see the subject anymore,
> which is ugly and not useful.  Look at the subject of this very post for
> example! :-)

Subject looks fine [Famsco-list] [Ambassadors] once each (cross-post)
Subject: Ambassadors list.
As I stated, put in some word, doesn't have to be Ambassador per say,
so if contact is made *off list.
It will thread correctly by *Special Word*.
It's the one thing missing from the user list.

Also if opening list, maybe use grey listing or other methods to reduce
fraudulent, well spammers.
7 children, I don't need c!aL1$

But otherwise I agree in principle with ppl being able to put their 2c
in. with some slight reservations, as scribed earlier.

Frank

--
gpg id EB547226 Revoked Forgot Password :(
aMSN: Frankly3D