[Ambassadors] Can we have a TRAC instance for tracking freemedia requests?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 13 10:47:14 UTC 2008

> >> http://bestpractical.com/rt/ <-- its the best and will work similar to
> >> trac but also can help with other requests of a non-technical type.
> >> We use it at my work.  It has a great perl api, plus has a bash front
> >> end as well.
> >>

> > I worked with Trac customization and I know a little about its API. Could
> > I help with something ?
> >
> > I know more two "customizable" issue trackers and I've heard the people
> > talk about them well:
> >
> >    * http://retrospectiva.org/blog
> >
> >    * http://www.redmine.org/

One thing we have to take care is where will this application be run.

If we want it to be centralised in the Fedora Infrastructure, then it
might be harder to get one of those than simply open a Fedora Hosted
Project.

We could also have regional instances, each one hosted on a different
site, but that would complicate everything IMHO.

Anyway, having a tool to improve the workflow of distributing FreeMedia
is indeed a great idea.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin