[Ambassadors] IMPORTANT: F10 Release Parties deadlines

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 16 14:11:31 UTC 2008

To the Release Events Parties Owners who need some founds for their
Release Party,

It's important to know an estimated cost preview for your Release Events Party.

Please, to guarantee a transparent evaluation of budget requests,
write the reason for your preview (don't post I need nnn$ and stop).

The deadline is September 30th (2008/09/30), after that date, if the
interested people will haven't posted their F10 Release Party budget
preview (both in Ambassadors and FAmSCo list), will not be able to ask
for budget sponsorship for their own F10 release events. Only people
who have added their event in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F10 before
September 14th are qualified to post their budget cost estimation.

A small disclaimer:

Posting you estimated cost preview will not guarantee that FAmSCo will
give monetary support: we, with the big help of CA, are working hard
trying to figure out how many resources we can distribute and try to
make it according to the owner budget preview.

Just to save some money, and from a personal experience point of view,
I invite you to follow those three gold rules:

1. search for a free place: a library, a university room or another
free space are well enough to create an exciting and Fedora-like
event!
2. have a real estimation on how many people could attend it (maybe
sending some email to your local LUG list)
3. focus on Live USB Creation stations or network installation. CD/DVD
are great, but if the event is soon after the Release Date is quite
difficult (if not impossible) to have it.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I can assure next time FAmSCo will
better organize Fedora Release Events according to this experience and
the feedback we hope to receive from the community.

Best regards

Francesco Ugolini

p.s. The first part of the email is not intended for people who have
received their budget for the release event (see
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommitte/Budget to see who
have just received money).