[Ambassadors] Ambassadors list

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 12:46:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Francesco Ugolini wrote:

> Could it be a benefit? You have to give me the answer.

If I were a member of FAMSCo, here is how I would approach my job:

(1) Are ambassadors worldwide finding it relatively easy to organize and
event, put on the event, and then report the results of the event?
Solicit feedback often, hold people accountable for event reports and
the "process" around budgeting, but also be flexible and alter the
process when the general Ambassador community speaks.

(2) GOTO (1).

(3) On other questions of policy, like mailing lists, listen to the
opinions of everyone, and then make what FAMSCo thinks is the best
decision, explain why in public, and move on.  If people don't like the
decisions or leadership of FAMSCo, they will make that clear when the
next election cycle comes.  :)  It is similar to the Fedora Board --
they listen to the arguments and discussions, but ultimately they make
the calls on what they think is best.  Also, if the Fedora Board
disagrees with a decision that FAMSCo is making, I am sure that someone
from the Board will weigh in and try to encourage FAMSCo to
think/discuss further.

(4) Metrics.  How are we growing worldwide.  How do we encourage our
best Ambassadors to further grow Fedora in their regions?  How do we
continue to convert new people that we meet at events and through
Ambassadors into contributors.  How do we *measure* this?

Personally, I think FAMSCo is doing a good job of growing Ambassadors,
giving some formal process to the way events are organized, and making
sure that people all over the world are involved.  It is a difficult
job, and FAMSCo's leadership, like almost all of us, is run by
volunteers.  We're all on the same team, and let's continue to work
together.

--Max