[Ambassadors] Fedora Project in Hungary - University of Szeged

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 09:47:29 UTC 2008

Dear members of The Open Source Laboratory [1],

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Joerg Simon. I am an active
community contributor at the Fedora Project.
The Fedora Project is a Free Open Source Linux Development Platform, where the
community strives for the best and latest software technologies to the Open
Source community. As a Fedora Ambassador, my major task involves in working
with volunteers all over the world, who contribute with respect to their
expertise to Fedora. [2]

Personally i love your country since my early youth, i value the People from
Hungary very much and i know that many smart Hungarians have the potential to
contribute to the Fedora Project in many ways. [3]

We have some Hungarians who help us with localization (like many other
contributors around the world).
We have valuable contributors in your neighbour countries but as you may have
noticed, we have no representatives in your Country [4] who can help us find
the best Event in order to present the Fedora Project and get in touch with
the local educational institutions to show them the benefits of contributing
to the Fedora Project.

In November 2008, the "Fedora Ambassador Day EMEA" will take place. [5]
One goal will be to extend our work in Hungary and it would be great, if you
can help us to enhance our presence at a local Event (booth,speech,...) in
Hungary in 2009. [6]

With our recent legal status Fedora EMEA, we have the means to help you
promote Fedora. Let us know if you are interested about those means.

We also had community contributors excelled in various key leading positions,
such as Fedora Electronic Lab architect, Fedora Spins maintainer, Fedora
Marketing Manager,....

We would appreciate if you can forward this email to those who might be
interested in contributing for the Fedora Project as a community member.
Thank you for your cooperation in the Open Source ECO system.

Regards Joerg Simon

[1] http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/opensource/members.php
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/hu/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/hu/join-fedora
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/CountryList
[5] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADEMEA2008
[6] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688