[Ambassadors] Tapping in touch pads

Satyajit satyajit at nerdshack.com
Mon Apr 13 08:05:31 UTC 2009

Hi all,

         I'm not very sure to which list I must post this to but I do
hope some one in this list can help me. I was testing fedora 11 beta and
they have disabled the tap option in the touchpad of my laptop. This was
a major concern in fedora 9 and many of the users were annoyed and some
even turned away from fedora. In 10 it was enabled by default, but 11 it
is disabled. The wiki says if the touchpad has physical buttons the
tapping is disabled. Dont you think it should be up to the user to
decide this. Im not sure where to voice this opinion.

Thanks,

Satyajit Ranjeev