[Ambassadors] Proposal to reach to end users

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:17:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Aditya Patawari<adimania at gmail.com> wrote:
| Guys, I was thinking that by fedora ambassadors program we reach those
| who already have knowledge about linux
\--

Not necessarily true.

---
| If fedora can come up with a program to associate or affiliate LUGs,
| then it will be great.
\--

Nobody is preventing you from working with local user groups. You
don't need a program to tell you what to do.

---
| Benefits : -
| 1. Direct interaction with end users. We can have a separate mailing
| list/ IRC for this.
\--

You should always try to re-use existing mailing lists, which Fedora
has enough in number, or use the local user group mailing list for
discussion.

---
| 2. Publicity will increase as we can permit the LUGs that if they have
| a website, they can put a "Fedora Affiliate LUG" logo.
\--

IMO, it is an Ambassadors' responsibility to participate in user group
mailing lists, providing support and assistance, and the work should
reflect on itself, rather than a need to put a logo for certification
or branding.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan