[Ambassadors] Help a Friend: Initiative

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:08:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Frank Murphy
(Frankly3D)<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/08/09 14:20, inode0 wrote:
> --snip--
>>
>> The hard part of making this work is of course hidden behind the
>> scenes. You need a network of volunteers who possess quantities of
>> media and other items who are willing to do the packaging of kits and
>> the shipping of stuff around the area. We currently have I think five
>> volunteers in North America sharing this burden.
>>
>> John
>>

> The next logical question
> How does NA manage to finance this?

It is financed through the normal budget process used in North
America. So these volunteers are only required to contribute their
time and energy in this case.

All of the production of media and schwag in North America is now
handled directly by ambassadors. So when we get budget for
media/schwag we get it produced and shipped to the regional
ambassadors (the five people who are currently volunteering to do the
processing and shipping of this sort of stuff). We have an arrangement
with UPS and Max to deal with paying for the shipping costs. It is all
funded through the allocations Max/FAmSCo makes to North America under
the ambassadors budget.

We also do the acquisition and shipping of media and schwag for North
American conferences and other events, so the Ambassador Kits are only
a small part of the work done by this infrastructure and thus far it
has not been a problem to get these out.

John