[Ambassadors] Who are the Regional Co-Ordinators?

Nayyar Ahmad nayyares at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:45:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Leonard Adjei wrote:
>
>  So what is being done to help Fedora have a stronger presence in Africa. I
>> mean it seems there's little being done on the sub-regional level for West
>> Africa
>>
>> Are there any plans, schedules or time lines being adhered to or its about
>> every ambassador for himself?
>>

> I'll write more about this in greater detail in the future, but my
> assessment is that we have quite a bit of energy in Egypt (in particular
> Cairo), and I'd love to help our Ambassadors there organize a Fedora
> Activity Day, or a mid-to-large-size event somewhere in the next 6-9 months.

^^
In addition i am working with "Mohammed Safwat" one of Egyptian Ambassadors
for organizing Fedora Event, initial draft of event is ready, soon it will
be added to Fedora Event list and will announce here in mailing list too, i
hope this could be a starting point for us in future for Egypt !

> In general, FAMSCO needs guidance from the local Ambassadors as to what
> events offer good opportunities, or as to whether it's possible to get
> together a group of students at a University, etc. for some Fedora talks.
>
> It's not "every ambassador for themselves" but we do rely on local
> Ambassadors to figure out what sort of strategy might make sense for their
> region, and write about it to the list.
>
> --Max

Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE (ID:804006858622745)