[Ambassadors] REMINDER: Fedora Ambassadors NA meeting tonight!

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:07:34 UTC 2009

Hey, all --

I have removed the SCaLE 8x item that was on the agenda for this evening --
don't thank me all at once for making the meeting shorter -- because it's my
daughter's birthday today and chances are I'll be somewhere near a birthday
cake or some other birthday event at meeting time. I will put the item back
on the agenda -- or the new owner of the event will -- for the Dec. 15
meeting.

A couple of things about SCaLE, going forward, that I wanted to bring up:

-- Scott Williams (vwbusguy) now owns the event, and I will be working with
him on organizing the event while I also serve on the SCaLE board. Scott has
the reins on this one, as well as my artesian depth of gratitude for
stepping up to the plate on his "local" event.

-- One of the more important topics around SCaLE that I wanted to bring up
at the 12/1 meeting, which can easily be discussed on list (he says, noting
he is speaking as a SCaLE person now), is getting a sense of how everyone
feels about Fedora participating in a "mega-booth" idea that had been
floated by Joe Brockmeier of OpenSUSE. This "mega-booth" will have the
larger distros -- Fedora, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu -- and probably GNOME and KDE all
in one spot, so those who are new to Linux have a "one-stop shop" to find
out about Linux. Again, this is just an idea that's being discussed within
circles of the aforementioned distros and desktops, and we should consider
it as well.

Thoughts?

Larry Cafiero