[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora - China

Rodrigo Padula rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Dec 4 07:04:40 UTC 2009

Em 04-12-2009 00:23, Caius 'kaio' Chance escreveu:
> (2009年12月04日 11:52), Yuan Yijun wrote:
>> 2009/12/4 Rodrigo Padula<rodrigo.padula at redhat.com>:
>>
>>> Hello my friends!
>>>
>>> (snip)
>>>
>> Hi, Rodrigo
>> (snip)
>>
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> Thanks for your kind offer!
>
> This is Caius 'kaio' Chance. I am a Fedora Ambassador who used to stick
> to China/Chinese community but located in Australia:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kaio

Great!! We have to give some special attention to Australia too :-)

> I am now on recruiting more ambassadors who uses Chinese, being more
> active on fedora-art, and developing the flies which is an online
> localization editor/system.

The number of ambassadors in our wiki is 4. Yuan Yijun told me that
number isn't correct.

Compared with Brazil, India and USA, that number is very short. China is
a big country, with a great potential for Free Software.

So, I'm very interested to share our experiences and to help the Chinese
group to grow.

> Just want to add that I am coordinating the setup and first issue of
> 'Fedora Zhong-Wen (Chinese) Magazine'. It will be used as a
> communication channel among current Fedora-Zh-ers and attractions to
> prospected ones.

Great idea!! In Brazil we have the Fedora Brazil Magazine. You can
download all PDFs here http://www.projetofedora.org/Revista/

If you need some help about, you can talk to Henrique Junio
henriquecsj at gmail.com (Brazilian Fedora Ambassador) our Editor.

> We would be very happy to absorb all valuable experiences from Fedora
> Brazilian Community definitely! We could have some meetups on
> IRC/#fedora-meeting to exchange our knowledge for sure!
>
> Let's talk more on fedora-ambassador list. :)
>
> Regards, kaio.

Sure, will be a pleasure to work with you and all Chinese ambassadors!

Best regards!

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
Fedora Community Manager - Latin America