[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora - China

Rodrigo Padula rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Dec 4 15:11:15 UTC 2009

Em 04-12-2009 11:38, Joerg Simon escreveu:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 08:04:40 Rodrigo Padula wrote:
>> The number of ambassadors in our wiki is 4. Yuan Yijun told me that
>> number isn't correct.
>> Compared with Brazil, India and USA, that number is very short. China is
>> a big country, with a great potential for Free Software.
>
> yeah - this number is not correct - ;)
> with the recent activities in china the number increased.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification#China_.288.29

Joerg, that numbers are updated automatically or you have to run a script ?

> But please all, if you really have to recruit for a new Ambassador, keep in
> mind it helps to start in another Group -  it is not the best idea to start in
> the Ambassador Group in Fedora and headcount is not all what matters!

Sure, the best way is invite people that have time to contribute and are
involved in Fedora in some way.

The mentors now can help with this issues, providing guidance for the
invited and new ambassadors.

2010 will be a great year for Fedora around the world!